CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Life's a Bench





This is my bench. Lake Norman Park and Recreation may not be aware that it's mine, but it belongs to me. A few hours out of every Thursday is "Mommy Time", and this is where it starts. Well, actually it starts at Starbucks, then straight to this bench. I used to have a place in Baton Rouge at the Arboretum, and although filled with the possibility of peace, it inevitably became a place of futile escape void of any real reflection with lasting value. But not my lake bench. Every moment is enveloped in prayer, thoughts of my family, my purpose, my goals, and yes, moments of complete nothingness, but it's on purpose now. One of my prayers is that I'll have a place like this attached to my home one day. Nothing elaborate, just cozy and mine. I believe I'll have that. But for now, I have a bench.