CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cling to the Vine

“Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.” (John 15:5)

That verse was sent to me today as part of a weekly devotional I subscribed to, and it had a prayer with it that I'll put below. It was exactly what I needed to hear today. God isn't impressed with our willpower when exercised apart from him. True victory in life comes when we cling to him, thereby using the power that he gives us to go forward. Abiding steadfastly in him we can live a life that is no longer a string of defeats, but rather one triumph after another.

Prayer
“Jesus, You are the Vine that gives me life. I don’t want to live independently. I want to remain and partake of You. Prune me for greater fruitfulness so Your joy will come forth in my life."